An Introduction to the Antimicrobial Stewardship Curriculum for Faculty
You are now ready to begin implementing IDSA's 2019 Core Antimicrobial Stewardship Curriculum. To get started, watch a short welcome video and then read about all of the key components of this course.
Once that is complete, be sure to download the following resources below.
- Faculty Roadmap/User Guide - full resource manual that explains the overall curriculum, learning objectives, navigating the LMS, and marking fellow completion
- Curriculum Planner - one page document that allows you to choose each method of delivery for all sections and modules, perfect for distributing to fellows/trainees
- Faculty Checklist - full resource guide that allows you to build your "toolbox" and ensure preparation for presentation delivery
- AS Clinical Teaching Tool - front/back document that can be distributed to both faculty and stewards-in-training to apply and reinforce AS principles into everyday clinical practice
- AS Core Concepts - one page document that covers the 5 Core Concepts for the Curriculum
Program Directors, Antimicrobial Stewardship Faculty Champions, and additional Faculty responsible for leading and implementing the CAS Curriculum.
This Introduction will provide you with all of the tools needed to implement this curriculum at your Institution.
AS Curriculum Workgroup COI Summary Reviewed April 2017 by Rachel Simmons, MD No conflicts found
|Name||Individual's Role in Activity||Name of Commercial Interest||Nature of Relationship|
|Advani, Sonali||Workgroup member||Nabriva Therapeutics||Advisory/Consultant Role|
|Amstrong, Wendy||Workgroup member||None|
|Barsoumian, Alice||Workgroup member||None|
|Beeler, Cole||Workgroup member||None|
|Bystritsky, Rachel||Workgroup member||None|
|Cherabuddi, Kartik||Workgroup member||Gatorade||Start - up Research Fund|
|NIH (Medimmune)||Research Grant|
|Cohen, Seth||Workgroup member||None|
|Hamilton, Keith||Workgroup member||None|
|Ince, Dilek||Workgroup member||Ansun Pharma||Research Grant|
|Justo, Julie Ann||Workgroup member||None|
|Luther, Vera||Workgroup member||None|
|Lynch, John||Workgroup member||Astellas Pharmaceuticals, Juno Therapeutics||Advisory/Consultant Role|
|Nori, Priya||Workgroup member||None|
|Ohl, Christopher||Workgroup member||Paratek, Bayer, Cempra Pharmaceuticals||Advisory/Consultant Role|
|Patel, Payal||Workgroup member||None|
|Pottinger, Paul||Workgroup member||McGraw Hill, Elsevier||Honoraria|
|Schwartz, Brian||Workgroup member||None|
|Spicer, Jennifer||Workgroup member||None|
|Stack, Conor||Workgroup member||None|
|Zhou, Yuan||Workgroup member||None|