Section 5: ASP Resources, Professional Development (Faculty)
Section 5: ASP Resources & Professional Development
Section 5 of this curriculum helps to provide each steward - in - training with resources to build an OPAT program, expand AS beyond the inpatient setting, and apply for a job in AS.
The OPAT and Expanding your Reach eLearning activities prepare the learner to build a program from scratch or to reinvigorate and strengthen an existing program. Most of this content can be done independently with faculty oversight.
The Finding your First AS Job eLearning helps the learner prepare for the interview in the safe environment of their home institution. The CV, job talk, interview process, and negotiations should all be addressed. If the trainee is not yet ready to apply, that is fine. In fact, there can be benefits to thinking about this process early, including the kinds of activities to pursue that provide appropriate training and that look great on a CV.
This section contains 3 eLearnings, 3 Application Activities and 1 Workbook.
As the faculty or stewardship champion leading this effort, you can decide how the content is distributed and presented to your stewards- in- training.
The fellow/trainee can watch the eLearning on their own, followed by a debrief between fellow and faculty.
To present in a classroom or small group setting, there are two methods of delivery:
You can open the eLearning and let it talk for you, controlling the slides and the pace
|You can open the eLearning, disable the audio, and talk through the slides yourself|
How to Prepare in Advance:
- Review the eLearnings within Section 5
- Review the workbook
- Review the application activities and prep for the mock interview
- Draft timeline of when to complete each component of Section 5
Program Directors, Antimicrobial Stewardship Faculty Champions, and additional Faculty responsible for leading and implementing the Advanced AS Curriculum.
Upon completion of this section, stewards- in- training will be able to:
- Identify mechanisms to expand existing ASP initiatives into OPAT programs and ambulatory settings
- Identify resources for continuing education and self-improvement in stewardship (including mentorship and finding your first AS job, when applicable)
- Refine leadership skills as applicable to leading an ASP
- Refine communication skills to further advance ASP initiatives