Unit 1: Philosophy of Leadership
Learners investigate preconceived notions of leadership, develop an understanding of emotional intelligence, apply powerful coaching frameworks, and consider strategies that foster a culture of wellness.
Click Take Course to begin.
- What Type of Leader Are You?
- Emotional Intelligence: The Engine that Powers Your Leadership
- Leaders as Coaches: Empowering Others for Success
- Leaders as Coaches: The Coach Approach in Medicine
- Joy in Work
- Making Wellbeing Contagious
Learners will be able to:
- Define emotional intelligence ("EI" or "EQ")
- List the four core skill domains of EI
- Analyze the impact of EI on leadership
- Assess your EI using the provided self-assessment
- Analyze your EI strengths ("superpowers") and weaknesses
- Reflect on specific EI skills to improve your leadership
- Describe elements of well-being
- Identify strategies that foster a culture of well-being
- List the benefits of using a coach approach
- Explain the G.R.O.W. framework
- Describe the difference between mentoring and coaching
- List common leadership theories.
- List common leadership styles.
- Identify effective leadership styles based on needs and underlying competencies.