Section 3: Advanced AS Communication Strategies (Fellows)
Section 3: Advanced AS Communication Strategies
Concepts regarding one on one communication in stewardship skills were covered in the CORE Curriculum, this section focuses on more advanced communication skills that are needed in stewardship at a higher level. The main goal in Section 3, is to build upon how collaboration and communication can be nurtured and enhanced when working with new management and cross functional teams in a new leadership role. A new didactic and lecture style approach is sure to keep you engaged while providing well prepared feedback on how to effectively communicate with hospital leadership.
This section contains 3 eLearnings and 2 Application Activities.
Fellows/Trainees interested in leading an Antimicrobial Stewardship Program.
Upon completion of this section, you will be able to:
- Employ effective techniques to deal with the “outlier” prescriber, non-formulary requests, special populations
- Recognize programmatic approaches to effective AS communication (including initiatives to involve nursing staff)
- Describe the steps involved in promoting culture change in institutions
- Demonstrate communication skills to negotiate with hospital leadership
- Explain the behavioral psychology of clinicians regarding antimicrobial use
- Explain the behavioral psychology of patients regarding antimicrobial use
- Propose effective techniques to change antimicrobial prescribing habits of others
- Adopt communication skills to influence the prescribing habits of others