IDSA Leadership Institute: Rising Leaders 2023
Unleash Your Potential with Rising Leaders
Rising Leaders is an online-only leadership development program specifically crafted to empower infectious diseases and HIV practitioners! With an open registration policy, we welcome all healthcare professionals keen to transform their early careers into a springboard for leadership success. Embark on a journey of growth and development by establishing a framework for a healthy and influential career while garnering effective strategies to navigate the challenges that often hamper progress. Become a master of your development path, strategically planning your advance for the near and intermediate future. Dive in and emerge as the healthcare leader you aspire to be with Rising Leaders!
Ignite your journey to leadership with the Rising Leaders training program. Encompassing a rich variety of pivotal topics, the program is poised to shape the leaders of tomorrow. Dive into:
- Leadership Styles & Time Management: Empower your inherent leadership potential and learn to strike the perfect balance in your professional life.
- Peer Coaching & Mentorship: Engage in nurturing relationships with your peers, learning from each other's experiences and insights. Foster a culture of shared growth and encouragement.
- Communication & Conflict Resolution: Master the art of conveying your thoughts effectively and amicably solving disputes. Experience the power of peaceful resolutions.
- Problem Solving & Management Skills: Learn to tackle challenges and find innovative solutions while fine-tuning your managerial prowess.
- Anti-Racism, Diversity, Equity, Access, and Inclusion: Delve into the crux of a respectful, inclusive professional environment, promoting fairness and equal opportunities, and celebrate the richness diversity brings to the healthcare field.
Kickstart your journey to becoming an exceptional leader in the field of infectious diseases and HIV with Rising Leaders. Let's shape a better future together.
Learners will access the Schedule Registration and Orientation units upon registering. The remaining asynchronous activities should be completed according to the schedule outlined under the Program tab. Synchronous activities are offered every other week on an A/B schedule. Attendees may not switch schedules once the program has started.
Please click the Program tab above for a detailed asynchronous and synchronous program schedule.
Participants will benefit from an array of unique program features designed to foster personal growth and career progression.
- Accountability Groups: Each leader will join a dynamic, 4 to 6-person Accountability Group, forming a tight-knit learning community. As you journey through the live sessions, these groups serve as your support system, aiding in setting ambitious goals and introspective reflection.
- Action Plans: Alongside your Accountability Group and session facilitators, you will craft meticulous action plans that lay the groundwork for sustained learning, collaboration, and growth. Transform your knowledge into effective strategies with a clear path forward.
- Leadership Skill Self-Assessment: Enhance your self-awareness with the scientifically validated Leadership Practices Inventory (LPI - Self, 5th Edition®). This 30-item self-assessment, bolstered by over three decades of consistent research, offers leaders an invaluable tool to delve into specific leadership behaviors. It paves the way for purposeful leadership development, helping you realize and shape your unique leadership style.
In Rising Leaders, we believe the journey toward effective leadership begins with understanding oneself. Embark on this self-discovery and become the leader you've always dreamt of being.
This program is designed for emerging infectious diseases and HIV practitioners across the health care team or for an ID practitioner of any seniority seeking to learn or refresh on the fundamentals of leadership.
There is no application. Registration is capped at 50.
Established leaders or leaders with significant previous leadership training experience may wish to consider the Community of Leaders.
Participants will be able to:
- Analyze their practices in peer-to-peer coaching sessions
- Define and apply foundational leadership theories and styles
- Analyze problem-solving and management tools and methodologies
- Describe the role and best practices of antiracist leaders
- Manage, mitigate, and confront bias
All asynchronous content will be available by Friday, September 1. Attendees may review webinars, readings, and additional materials at their convenience, but IDSA recommends that asynchronous learning modules be completed by the following dates:
- Orientation: Tuesday, September 5, 2023
- Leadership Styles & Time Management: Tuesday, September 19, 2023
- Peer Coaching & Mentorship: Tuesday, October 3, 2023
- Communication & Conflict Resolution: Tuesday, October 17, 2023
- Problem Solving & Management Skills: Tuesday, October 31, 2023
- Anti-Racism, Diversity, Equity, Access, and Inclusion: Tuesday, November 14, 2023
Activities include prerecorded webinars, readings, and discussion board participation. We expect that total asynchronous engagement should sum up to approximately 90 minutes per week.
Synchronous Reflection Sessions
Working under the direction of our skilled facilitators, leaders will meet for 60 minutes every other week via Zoom to reflect on the most recent unit's themes and further develop their action plan in their Accountability Groups. Attendees must select either the A Schedule or B Schedule. Attendees must commit to attending the full synchronous schedule.
All times Eastern.
- Orientation | Tuesday, September 5, 2023 | 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Leadership Styles & Time Management | Tuesday, September 19, 2023 | 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Peer Coaching & Mentorship | Tuesday, October 3, 2023 | 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Communication & Conflict Resolution | Tuesday, October 17, 2023 | 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Problem Solving & Management Skills | Tuesday, October 31, 2023 | 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Anti-Racism, Diversity, Equity, Access, and Inclusion | Tuesday, November 14, 2023 | 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m..
All times Eastern.
- Orientation | Thursday, September 7, 2023 | 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Leadership Styles & Time Management | Thursday, September 21, 2023 | 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Peer Coaching & Mentorship | Thursday, October 5, 2023 | 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Communication & Conflict Resolution | Thursday, October 19, 2023 | 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Problem Solving & Management Skills | Thursday, November 2, 2023 | 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Anti-Racism, Diversity, Equity, Access, and Inclusion | Thursday, November 16, 2023 | 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
In support of improving patient care, IDSA is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Credit Designation Statement
CME and MOC credit will be available for both the asynchronous and synchronous portions of the Rising Leaders program.
- 18.00 ABIM MOC II
- 18.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™